The Production Assistants provide production support across all Operations departments as scheduled by the Production Manager. This includes pre-festival program guide distribution, as well as all venue load in and load outs, event set up and breakdown, and other tasks as needed.
This is a full-time, temporary position from March 16 – April 29, 2020.
- Distribute pre-festival program guides to venues across the Bay Area, and manage guide replenishment during festival as needed.
- Support the build out of venues including our Festival HQ and Lounge, including some light construction.
- Support the load in and load out of all festival venues.
- Set up / install festival signage at various festival venues.
- Provide production support for Live & Onstage events as needed.
- Work with the Production Manager on the movement of production equipment, furniture, product, materials, and green room provisions to various venues throughout the festival.
- Conduct equipment and supply moves to and from storage units and ensure units are maintained, organized, and clean at all times.
- Load out back into Presidio offices post-fest, making sure inventory is accounted for and organized.
- Excellent communication, decision-making and creative problem-solving skills.
- Professional attitude and demeanor.
- Ability to anticipate needs and take direction.
- Ability to think and act quickly under pressure.
- At ease interacting with people with vastly different backgrounds and roles.
- Able to move and lift heavy equipment.
- Comfortable with long hours during festival.
- Basic construction skills.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Comfort driving in Bay Area and knowledge of Bay Area geography is a plus.