SFFILM’s seasonal Digital Content Manager works closely with the Director of External Relations and members of the communications team to design and implement the organization’s content and communications strategy across web, print, social, and email marketing. This position oversees the development of all content for the SFFILM Festival, including project management of production timelines and cross-departmental deadlines and deliverables..
This is a full-time temporary role from February 1 to April 23. This role can be performed remotely, but strong preference for someone based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Content Creation and Development (70%)
- Support the strategic planning for and lead the implementation of SFFILM’s Festival web, email, social content calendar and strategy, ensuring timely completion of all digital content deliverables.
- Manage the design, production and distribution of all Festival communications collateral.
- Work closely with SFFILM’s Programming department on the development of all film-related content and collection of digital film assets for the Festival web build, as well as the schedule for ticket sales and public program announcements.
- Collaborate with the Graphic Design team on creation of assets for digital campaigns, email and web builds, and printed materials.
- Support the production timeline and content creation processes for all SFFILM social media channels.
- Support the timing and creation of all images, banners, and slides for SFFILM website and email communications.
- Adhere firmly to all brand style guides and promote adherence in all SFFILM external communications.
- Maintain SFFILM’s library of digital assets between the organization’s file server and Dropbox and within our WordPress content management system.
Project Management (25%)
- Project manage and strategically plan the processes for all print, web, email production processes related to the Festival.
- Work closely with the Box Office team to ensure timely build of all events within the ticketing database and Point of Sale system. Oversee integration of the ticket products build into SFFILM’s WordPress website to ensure accuracy.
- Support SFFILM’s Tech and Media department on all video capture needs including project management of video content production timelines.
- Manage all photo capture leading up to and during the SFFILM Festival, including photographer relationships, budgeting, and scheduling.
- Support the creation of production and delivery schedule for all external and internal collateral including outdoor materials, (web/banner ads), print ads, newsletter blurbs, (website content,) audio and video PSAs
- Maintain productive, efficient relationships with contractors and developers.
- Monitor budgets for web builds, email marketing, and print production. Track progress to actuals and manage the processing of relevant purchase orders and invoices.
- Superior written and strong oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of content and communications activities.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational, and relationship-building skills.
- Experience managing the design and production of web and email content.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite as well as web content management and email marketing tools, such as WordPress and Mailchimp.
- Experience with FilmMaker Pro a plus.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Pay rate: $20 per hour, eligible for overtime pay
This position will be expected to work overtime leading up to and during the SFFILM Festival.
Due to current health restrictions, all interviews will take place over Zoom, with a preference for video. If we reach out to you for an interview, please let us know if you require any technical accommodations or support.
SFFILM is deeply committed to Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (DEAI) in both its internal management and external programming. Since 2018, the organization has actively been working in collaboration with two Advisory Boards focused on accessibility and inclusivity and officially began work with a DEI consultant in 2019 to further invest in and build on that work. Candidates are invited to discuss their interest and involvement in DEAI practices in their cover letter, and ask us more about our DEAI process in their interview.
SFFILM, in accordance with federal and state law, is an equal-opportunity employer. SFFILM does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy/childbirth, medical condition, disability, age, ancestry, marital status, citizenship or veteran status. This nondiscrimination policy covers all candidates, staff members, interns, and volunteers.