The Production Assistants provide production support across all Operations departments as scheduled by the Production Manager. This includes pre-festival program guide distribution and materials transportation, as well as all venue load in and load outs, event set up and breakdown, and other tasks as needed.
This is a full-time temporary role from March 21 – May 6, paid at a rate of $23 per hour. This role has the expectation of some overtime pre-festival, with a high volume of overtime expected during the SFFILM Festival (April 21-May 1).
Covid-19 Safety: Seasonal staff at the 2022 SFFILM Festival may be required to engage in public-facing roles and thus are required to provide proof of vaccination for employment.
Remote Work Accommodation: Seasonal staff are expected to be based in the Bay Area, however if your contract begins before March 1, 2022, SFFILM may be able to accommodate fully remote work prior to that date. Remote work policies are subject to change based on city and state recommendations around COVID-19 safety.
- Distribute pre-festival program guides to venues across the Bay Area, and manage guide replenishment during festival as needed
- Support the build out of all festival venues, including our Festival HQ and Lounge, with some light construction
- Pick up, deliver, and transport sponsored product Pre-Festival
- Support the load in and load out of all festival venues and temporary spaces
- Set up / install festival signage at various festival venues
- Provide production support for Live & Onstage events as needed
- Work with the Production Manager on the movement of production equipment, furniture, product, materials, and green room provisions to various venues throughout the festival
- Conduct equipment and supply moves to and from storage units and ensure units are maintained, organized, and clean at all times
- Load equipment back into year-round offices post-fest, making sure rentals are returned and owned inventory is accounted for and organized
- Excellent communication, decision-making and creative problem-solving skills
- Professional attitude and demeanor
- Ability to anticipate needs and take direction
- Ability to think and act quickly under pressure
- Comfortability working events in a Covid landscape, adapting to changing circumstances and upholding safety policies
- At ease interacting with people with vastly different backgrounds and roles
- Able to move and lift heavy equipment
- Comfortable with long hours during festival
- Basic construction skills
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
- Comfort driving in Bay Area and knowledge of Bay Area geography is a plus
SFFILM is proud to be part of a wider film festival circuit and shares many seasonal staff with other festivals. We have been paying close attention to conversations and feedback from film festival staff directly and via social media. We have created policies and practices that address these concerns including increasing hourly rates and providing overtime, abiding by a Code of Conduct since 2018, and creating more flexible remote work policies to prioritize staff health and safety during COVID-19.
SFFILM is deeply committed to Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (DEAI) in both its internal management and external programming. Since 2018, the organization has actively been working in collaboration with two Advisory Boards focused on accessibility and inclusivity and officially began work with a DEI consultant in 2019 to further invest in and build on that work. Candidates are invited to discuss their interest and involvement in DEAI practices in their cover letter, and ask us more about our DEAI process in their interview.
SFFILM, in accordance with federal and state law, is an equal-opportunity employer. SFFILM does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy/childbirth, medical condition, disability, age, ancestry, marital status, citizenship or veteran status. This nondiscrimination policy covers all candidates, staff members, interns, and volunteers.