The Production Assistants provide production support across all Operations departments as scheduled by the Production Manager.
This is a full-time temporary position from March 29th to April 23rd, 2021. This position must be based in the Bay Area.
- Support the build out of an outdoor exhibition venue and party and reception venues, as needed.
- Support the load in and load out of all festival spaces, including outdoor exhibition venues, party and reception venues, and festival office space.
- Set up / install festival signage.
- Provide production support for Live & Onstage events as needed.
- Work with the Production Manager on the movement of production equipment, furniture, product, materials, and green room provisions to various venues throughout the festival.
- Conduct equipment and supply moves to and from storage units and ensure units are maintained, organized, and clean at all times.
- Load out back into Presidio offices post-fest, making sure inventory is accounted for and organized.
- Excellent communication, decision-making and creative problem-solving skills.
- Professional attitude and demeanor.
- Ability to anticipate needs and take direction.
- Ability to think and act quickly under pressure.
- At ease interacting with people with vastly different backgrounds and roles.
- Able to move and lift heavy equipment.
- Comfortable with long hours during festival.
- Basic construction skills.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Comfort driving in Bay Area and knowledge of Bay Area geography is a plus.
Pay rate: $20 per hour, eligible for overtime pay
This position will be expected to work overtime during the SFFILM Festival.
Due to current health restrictions, all interviews will take place over Zoom, with a preference for video. If we reach out to you for an interview, please let us know if you require any technical accommodations or support.
SFFILM is deeply committed to Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (DEAI) in both its internal management and external programming. Since 2018, the organization has actively been working in collaboration with two Advisory Boards focused on accessibility and inclusivity and officially began work with a DEI consultant in 2019 to further invest in and build on that work. Candidates are invited to discuss their interest and involvement in DEAI practices in their cover letter, and ask us more about our DEAI process in their interview.
SFFILM, in accordance with federal and state law, is an equal-opportunity employer. SFFILM does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy/childbirth, medical condition, disability, age, ancestry, marital status, citizenship or veteran status. This nondiscrimination policy covers all candidates, staff members, interns, and volunteers.