The Communications team at SFFILM is seeking a hard-working and creative Festival Graphic Designer to assist in the creation of visual assets for the 64th San Francisco International Film Festival (April 9–18, 2021). The Festival Graphic Designer works closely with the Graphic Designer and Directors of Marketing and Communications to produce a wide array of media that advances the mission and brand of SFFILM through creative, strategic, and top-notch design.
This is a full-time temporary role from January 25 – April 9, 2021. While the role is fully remote, candidates in the Pacific Time Zone are preferred. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through Friday, January 8.
- Support the design and creation of all print and digital assets for the 64th San Francisco International Film Festival.
- Create materials for Festival events, from digital invitations to printed mini-programs.
- Produce digital, print, and outdoor advertising, from full-page spreads in distributed publications to re-skins of national websites to billboards and transit advertising.
- Create print and digital signage, from directional posters used in theater venues to onscreen slideshows projected before screenings.
- Produce digital graphics and banners to be used on social media and in email communications.
- Build mock-ups for Communications team members to better visualize and present projects to be tasked to external partners.
- Create other print and digital collateral as needed, including pitch decks, brochures, flyers, and more.
- Implement consistent brand identity across a diverse array of materials.
- Manage multiple projects from concept to completion, adhering to strict deadlines.
- 2-3 years of relevant professional experience.
- A working understanding of layout, type, and color.
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator (intermediate level or above).
- Able to both take instructions and initiative.
- Enthusiastic and passionate with an eye for detail.
- Superior file management skills (tracking and archiving).
- Hardworking and professional with a balanced temperament and good sense of humor.
- Organized and deadline-driven team-player capable of picking up and applying new skills in a fast-paced environment.
Pay rate: $20 per hour, eligible for overtime pay
This position will be expected to work overtime leading up to the SFFILM Festival.
SFFILM is deeply committed to Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (DEAI) in both its internal management and external programming. Since 2018, the organization has actively been working in collaboration with two Advisory Boards focused on accessibility and inclusivity and officially began work with a DEI consultant in 2019 to further invest in and build on that work. Candidates are invited to discuss their interest and involvement in DEAI practices in their cover letter, and ask us more about our DEAI process in their interview.
SFFILM, in accordance with federal and state law, is an equal-opportunity employer. SFFILM does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy/childbirth, medical condition, disability, age, ancestry, marital status, citizenship or veteran status. This nondiscrimination policy covers all candidates, staff members, interns, and volunteers.