SFFILM is a leading film arts nonprofit based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Communications team at SFFILM is seeking a hard-working and creative Festival Graphic Designer to assist in the creation of visual assets for the 63rd San Francisco International Film Festival (April 8–21, 2020). The Festival Graphic Designer works closely with the Graphic Designer and Directors of Marketing and Communications to produce a wide array of media that advances the mission and brand of SFFILM through creative, strategic, and top-notch design.
This is a full-time, temporary position that runs from January 20 – April 10, 2020.
- Support the design and creation of all print and digital assets for the 63rd San Francisco International Film Festival.
- Assist in design and layout of Festival program guide, a 60+-page print book detailing 150 screening events.
- Create materials for Festival events, from digital invitations to printed mini-programs.
- Produce digital, print, and outdoor advertising, from full-page spreads in distributed publications to re-skins of national websites to billboards and transit advertising.
- Create print and digital signage, from directional posters used in theater venues to onscreen slideshows projected before screenings.
- Produce digital graphics and banners to be used on social media and in email communications.
- Build mock-ups for Communications team members to better visualize and present projects to be tasked to external partners.
- Create other print and digital collateral as needed, including pitch decks, brochures, flyers, and more.
- Implement consistent brand identity across a diverse array of materials.
- Manage multiple projects from concept to completion, adhering to strict deadlines.
- 2-3 years of relevant professional experience.
- A working understanding of layout, type, and color.
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator (intermediate level or above).
- Able to both take instructions and initiative.
- Enthusiastic and passionate with an eye for detail.
- Superior file management skills (tracking and archiving).
- Hardworking and professional with a balanced temperament and good sense of humor.
- Organized and deadline-driven team-player capable of picking up and applying new skills in a fast-paced environment.