The Graphic Designer creates visual assets for all print and digital materials for SFFILM and the San Francisco International Film Festival. A key member of the Communications team, the Designer works across the organization to produce a wide array of media that advances the mission and brand of SFFILM through creative, strategic, and leading-edge design. During the Festival season, the Designer also collaborates with an external agency to develop a creative identity anchoring the event’s visual marketing campaign.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and link to portfolio or work samples to email@example.com.
- In collaboration with the Communications team, develop original creative for year-round marketing campaigns, including the organization’s membership program, special presentation programs, and annual campaigns like the Festival’s call for entries and SFFILM Awards Night.
- Implement consistent master brand and sub-brand identities across a diverse array of materials.
- Create office materials such as presentation templates, letterhead, and business cards.
- Create graphics for revenue team members to track KPIs for presentation to external partners.
- Layout and polish documents, reports, and decks for SFFILM Executive Office, Strategic Partnerships team, Program teams, and other departments as needed.
EXHIBITION AND PROGRAMS
- Design and lay out materials detailing SFFILM master brand and sub-brand activities, ranging from comprehensive 60-page film guides to program-specific posters and flyers.
- Design and lay out Member services printed collateral.
- Create materials for SFFILM events, from digital invitations to printed evening programs, for everything from private receptions to SFFILM’s annual fundraising gala.
- Create all print and digital signage, from directional posters used in theater venues to on-screen slideshows projected before screenings.
- Produce digital, print, and out-of-home advertising, from full-page spreads in distributed publications to re-skins of national websites to billboards and transit advertising.
- Design marketing collateral such as membership brochures and postcards, often working directly with relevant internal stakeholders.
- Produce digital graphics and banners to be used on social media and in email communications.
- Manage multiple projects from concept to completion, adhering to strict deadlines.
- Coordinate directly with printers to oversee production and communicate throughout the printing process to ensure smooth delivery.
- Hire and train a seasonal staff member to assist with design projects leading up to and during the San Francisco International Film Festival.
- 2–3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator (After Effects a plus)
- A working understanding of layout, type, color, and printing.
- Familiarity with branding and brand hierarchy.
- Familiarity with HTML, and sense of UI/UX design is desired.
- Able to both take instructions and initiative.
- Works a project and/or task to completion.
- Enthusiastic and passionate with an eye for detail.
- Superior file management skills (tracking and archiving).
- Hardworking and professional with a balanced temperament and good sense of humor.
- Organized and deadline-driven team-player capable of picking up and applying new skills in a fast-paced environment.