The Volunteer Manager schedules, orients and manages all SFFILM volunteers, and creates a welcoming and supportive environment that encourages volunteerism at SFFILM. The Volunteer Manager is the sole point of contact for SFFILM volunteers during Festival season, acting as a cheerleader and advocate for volunteers, and is responsible for constant communication to volunteers, as well as recruitment of new volunteers. During the festival, the Volunteer Manager supervises an Assistant Manager.
This is a full-time, temporary position from February 17 – May 1, 2020.
- Work closely with all SFFILM departments to understand and meet festival volunteer needs.
- Update and maintain the SFFFILM Shiftboard site, including working with Shiftboard customer support to troubleshoot issues.
- Update the Volunteer Handbook, Info Sheet, website, and other reference materials.
- Manage volunteer benefits, working with Box Office, Membership, Communications, and other teams.
- Manage Lead Volunteer program, including screening, interviewing, training, and providing onsite support.
- Plan and conduct the Volunteer Orientation(s), and additional pre-fest Office Hours, as needed.
- Participate in Theater Operations House Manager trainings.
- Maintain social media presence for SFFILM Volunteer Program.
- Actively recruit new volunteers, and work with community partners to engage new volunteer bases.
- Work with the Theater Operations team, including Venue Managers, onsite at all exhibition venues to check in and orient all volunteers.
- Make sure volunteer coverage is sufficient at all venues and events during the festival, and reassign volunteers or do last minute recruitment as necessary.
- Work with SFFILM staff to supervise volunteer behavior and performance during the festival and take the lead to provide feedback as needed.
- Work with the Festival HQ department & Production Manager to secure and fulfill sponsor product or donations applicable to the volunteer department.
- Plan and execute the Volunteer Appreciation Party, with support from additional Operations staff.
- Manage Volunteer Evaluation process, including ensuring evaluations are on Shiftboard as part of wrap process.
- Create a written wrap-report and summary of all necessary timeline and budget info.
- Demonstrate strong organizational, communication, and time management skills.
- Work within predetermined budgetary goals.
- Comfortable using the MS office suite.
- Friendly, welcoming, and at ease interacting with people with vastly different backgrounds and roles.
- Comfortable with the heavy lifting and labor inherent in loading in and out festival sites.
- Experience with volunteer recruitment.
- Experience with social media, such as managing a Facebook group, is a plus.
- Experience with Shiftboard a plus.