The Transportation Associate assists the Transportation Managers with maintaining fluid travel for staff and guests of the festival. This role will primarily serve as a dispatch and troubleshooting agent in the Transportation HQ, while flexibly substituting as a Production Assistant to all Transportation needs and stepping in as a driver when needed.
This is a full-time temporary role from April 4 – May 6, paid at a rate of $20 per hour. This role has the expectation of some overtime pre-festival, with a high volume of overtime expected during the SFFILM Festival (April 21-May 1).
Covid-19 Safety: Seasonal staff at the 2022 SFFILM Festival may be required to engage in public-facing roles and thus are required to provide proof of vaccination for employment.
Remote Work Accommodation: Seasonal staff are expected to be based in the Bay Area, however if your contract begins before March 1, 2022, SFFILM may be able to accommodate fully remote work prior to that date. Remote work policies are subject to change based on city and state recommendations around COVID-19 safety.
- Assist with dispatching all staff and volunteer drivers
- Assist the Transportation Managers with managing itineraries, transporting people and equipment between venues and lodging, to/from all Bay Area airports
- Cross reference data points across multiple systems and platforms to ensure accuracy and cohesion of systems
- Assist with management of all flight itineraries, monitoring daily and tracking delays, escalating changes as needed
- Assist with maintaining and keeping track of all vehicles
- Create organizational materials and maps to help manage the fleet of cars in parking areas
- Staff the Transportation office to greet and manage drivers, and to dispatch cars during festival
- Update and maintain ground transportation database across various platforms
- Help to uphold safety protocols and maintain a supply and inventory of protective equipment to be distributed to Festival drivers.
- Serve flexibly as a Production Assistant for the transportation department, executing critical supply runs and stepping in as a Driver when necessary
- Support the return of all rented vehicles, including organizing keys, materials, and parking passes post-Festival
- Create a written wrap-report and summary of all necessary timeline and budget info
- Demonstrate strong organizational and communication skills
- Possess knowledge of the Bay Area
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize and remain calm under pressure
- Be comfortable driving with passengers in the Bay Area and surrounding
- Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Experience navigating events in a Covid landscape, flexibly pivoting planning and protocols according to evolving circumstances
- Comfort with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Filemaker a plus
SFFILM is proud to be part of a wider film festival circuit and shares many seasonal staff with other festivals. We have been paying close attention to conversations and feedback from film festival staff directly and via social media. We have created policies and practices that address these concerns including increasing hourly rates and providing overtime, abiding by a Code of Conduct since 2018, and creating more flexible remote work policies to prioritize staff health and safety during COVID-19.
SFFILM is deeply committed to Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (DEAI) in both its internal management and external programming. Since 2018, the organization has actively been working in collaboration with two Advisory Boards focused on accessibility and inclusivity and officially began work with a DEI consultant in 2019 to further invest in and build on that work. Candidates are invited to discuss their interest and involvement in DEAI practices in their cover letter, and ask us more about our DEAI process in their interview.
SFFILM, in accordance with federal and state law, is an equal-opportunity employer. SFFILM does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy/childbirth, medical condition, disability, age, ancestry, marital status, citizenship or veteran status. This nondiscrimination policy covers all candidates, staff members, interns, and volunteers.