This full-time position is highly customer service oriented and strives to achieve ease of SFFILM patron experience. Ideal candidates are skilled listeners and eager problem solvers, with enthusiasm for teamwork, communication, organization, and customer service.
The Development Coordinator is primarily responsible for maintenance of the Development database (DonorPerfect) and other systems, data flow and reconciliation between Development and financial systems, managing member benefits, and member screenings. Often as the first point of contact between patrons and the organization, the Coordinator provides excellent and responsive customer service. The position works closely with all Development and Communication staff to cultivate and steward relationships with patrons and engage them as lifelong SFFILM supporters. In addition, this person handles interviews, training, and onboarding for 1-2 interns per year and is responsible for other tasks as assigned.
- Coordinate and execute membership transactions and mailings, including monthly renewal notices, acknowledgment letters, and observing trends and variations in members’ and patrons’ giving history
- Respond promptly and graciously to the general SFFILM Membership email and voicemail, forward messages, calls, and emails to other departments as necessary
- Complete ticket orders and other special requests for patrons
- Act as the departmental lead in Agile, SFFILM’s ticketing system
- Manage member email lists and communications
- Manage and maintain donor records in DonorPerfect, support all Development data entry efforts ensuring documentation, moves management, contracts, etc. are properly captured and organized in SFFILM internal systems (DonorPerfect, Google Drive)
- Handle and trouble-shoot inquiries from patrons, prospects and Board members as needed
- Organize guest lists, RSVP tracking, and onsite check-in for member screenings and other member events (some nights and weekends required)
- Run member screenings and generally assist the Development department’s growth activities and special projects, including proactive engagement of SFFILM members and other constituents at public events
- Manage marketing materials, recognition, and ticket distribution for corporate sponsors
- Provide additional support onsite for any corporate activations at receptions and events
- Support solicitation for in-kind partnerships including SFFILM Festival, Doc Stories and Awards Night
- Manage departmental calendar, meeting requests, and agenda creation for Development team
- One to three years’ experience in nonprofit administration, fundraising, or other relevant position
- Accurate typing skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to work with numbers
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Highly organized and able to manage shifting priorities
- Collaborative and willing to work cross-departmentally to support institutional fundraising and membership initiatives
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with CRM or donor database software recommended
- Experience with email marketing a plus
SFFILM is deeply committed to Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (DEAI) in both its internal management and external programming. Since 2018, the organization has actively been working in collaboration with two Advisory Boards focused on accessibility and inclusivity and officially began work with a DEI consultant in 2019 to further invest in and build on that work. Candidates are invited to discuss their interest and involvement in DEAI practices in their cover letter, and ask us more about our DEAI process in their interview.
SFFILM, in accordance with federal and state law, is an equal-opportunity employer. SFFILM does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy/childbirth, medical condition, disability, age, ancestry, marital status, citizenship or veteran status. This nondiscrimination policy covers all candidates, staff members, interns, and volunteers.