The SFFILM Operations Department is looking for two high-energy, dependable, organized, team players to help with day-to-day activities leading up to and during our Fall Season festivals. Interns will work with the Operations Team on all aspects of festival and event production, including the design and implementation of venues as well as the training and management of support staff and volunteers during the Fall Season. This opportunity is ideal for someone who enjoys splitting time between in-office projects and on-site event execution, but for the right candidate the internship could also be structured for greater concentration in one of the below responsibility areas.
Please email a single PDF of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Specify which internship you are applying for in the Subject Line; if you are applying for multiple internships, list all in the Subject Line. Deadline to apply is extended to Wednesday September 11th.
- Support event planning through research projects for both our Fall Season and the 63rd San Francisco International Film Festival.
- Assist in venue set-up for our Fall Season programs.
- Support the planning, set-up, and execution of SFFILM Awards Night in early December.
- Provide onsite event support at festival screenings, receptions, and special events during our Fall Season.
- Test technical inventory and document functionality of various tools.
- Work on seasonal projects as assigned.
- Create, gather, inventory, and organize operational supplies.
Organizational Systems Responsibilities
- Support various systems development projects and database updates.
- Support administrative activity in Basecamp and Eventbrite.
- Assist in digitization and documentation of archival AV materials, as well as inventory and organization of archival documents.
- Assist with clip reel production for SFFILM Awards Night.
- Help to organize and beautify our Presidio office spaces – potential projects include decoration of our office, organization of materials and spaces, and recycling or removal of unnecessary furniture and supplies.
- Ability to work evening and weekend events on a regular basis.
- Flexible, energetic, detail-oriented team player.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask, exhibit consistent follow-through and work under time constraints.
- Comfortable interacting with many different types of people (customers, patrons, filmmakers, sponsors, and event staff).
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Some familiarity with basic AV set-ups is a plus.
- Driver’s license and car a plus.
- Comfort lifting up to 50lb required.
- Minimum commitment of 8-12 hours per week (two days a week).