The SFFILM Operations Department is looking for two high-energy, dependable, organized, team players to help with day-to-day activities leading up to and during our 2020 SFFILM Festival. The interns will work with the Operations Team on all aspects of festival and event production, assisting with preparation of our venues and events, and working closely with every element of the Operations team. This opportunity is ideal for someone who enjoys splitting time between in-office projects and on-site event execution, but for the right candidate the internship could also be structured for greater concentration in one of the below responsibility areas. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
Interns should be available for approximately 8 hours/week leading up to the festival, and will be expected to work approximately 30 hours over the two weeks of the SFFILM Festival (April 8 – 21), with significant evening and weekend hours.
Spring internships run from February to May 2020. Deadline to apply is January 15, 2020.
- Participate in research projects around venues and staff benefits, such as housing and transportation needs.
- Assist with recruitment of new volunteers.
- Create, gather, inventory, and organize operational supplies.
- Assist in the maintenance of our Presidio office spaces, especially organization of materials and spaces.
- Provide pre-festival support to the Production, Volunteer, Theater Operations, Transportation, Venue Operations, and Festival Special Events staff.
- Help craft and communicate festival procedures and training materials.
- Assist in venue design and set-up.
- Provide onsite event support at festival screenings, receptions, and special events during the festival.
- Test technical inventory and document functionality of various tools.
Organizational Systems Responsibilities
- Support various systems development projects and database updates.
- Support administrative activity in Basecamp and Eventbrite.
- Help to organize and beautify our Presidio office spaces – potential projects include decoration of our office, organization of materials and spaces, and recycling or removal of unnecessary furniture and supplies.
- Flexible, energetic, detail-oriented team player.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, and interest in some manual/physical labor.
- Ability to multitask, exhibit consistent follow-through and work under time constraints.
- Comfortable interacting with many different types of people (customers, patrons, filmmakers, sponsors, and event staff).
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Some familiarity with basic AV set-ups is a plus.
- Driver’s license and clean driving record is a plus.
- Comfort with heavy lifting and manual labor inherent in setting up and breaking down venues and events.
- Minimum commitment of 8 hours per week (generally two days a week).
- Expected commitment of approximately 30 hours during the 14 day festival.
- Some evening/weekend availability required.