The Festival HQ Coordinator supports the Festival HQ Manager and Assistant Manager in the build out and daily management of the Festival Lounge and temporary office spaces, acting as the main Production Assistant for the Festival HQ team. They will play a critical role in assisting with the precise inventory management of equipment and will execute the Health and Safety plan on-site through careful planning of Load-In and Set-up.
This is a full-time temporary role from April 4 – May 6, paid at a rate of $19 per hour. This role has the expectation of some overtime required pre-festival, with overtime hours increasing during the SFFILM Festival (April 21-May 1).
Covid-19 Safety: Seasonal staff at the 2022 SFFILM Festival may be required to engage in public-facing roles and thus are required to provide proof of vaccination for employment.
Remote Work Accommodation: Seasonal staff are expected to be based in the Bay Area, however if your contract begins before March 1, 2022, SFFILM may be able to accommodate fully remote work prior to that date. Remote work policies are subject to change based on city and state recommendations around COVID-19 safety.
- Assists with build out of Festival HQ, Lounge, and satellite offices
- Acts as host for festival guests on-site, maintaining clean, well-stocked hospitality spaces and upholding health and safety policies
- Support the process of securing volunteer coverage for Lounge spaces
- Assist with office management for temporary office spaces, clearly communicating policies and procedures to staff, and maintaining clean, well-stocked office spaces and organizing inventory, including setting up staff coffee and breakfast when needed
- Assist with tracking inventory of all food, beverage, and other product
- Assist with training and management of Festival HQ volunteers
- Assist with set up and break down of events taking place in the Festival Lounge
- Flexibly serve as a production assistant for the HQ & Lounge department, conducting supply runs and keeping track of sponsored product pick/ups and deliveries to receive
- Support setup and breakdown of all festival HQ and Lounge spaces
- Support collection of data from Lounge, such as attendance numbers, to share with all departments
- Create a written wrap-report and summary of all necessary timeline info
- Possess a positive attitude, cooperative spirit, and a go-getter mentality
- Be friendly, welcoming and comfortable interacting with people with vastly different backgrounds and roles
- Excellent decision-making and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience working within teams, collaborating effectively with managers and colleagues
- Skills acting as a lead on-site in the execution of events or hospitality, managing volunteers a plus
- Strong attention to detail and comfort in organizational systems such as Excel
- Be comfortable with the heavy lifting and labor inherent in loading in and out festival sites
- Possess great energy and efficiency
- Candidate should have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
SFFILM is proud to be part of a wider film festival circuit and shares many seasonal staff with other festivals. We have been paying close attention to conversations and feedback from film festival staff directly and via social media. We have created policies and practices that address these concerns including increasing hourly rates and providing overtime, abiding by a Code of Conduct since 2018, and creating more flexible remote work policies to prioritize staff health and safety during COVID-19.
SFFILM is deeply committed to Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (DEAI) in both its internal management and external programming. Since 2018, the organization has actively been working in collaboration with two Advisory Boards focused on accessibility and inclusivity and officially began work with a DEI consultant in 2019 to further invest in and build on that work. Candidates are invited to discuss their interest and involvement in DEAI practices in their cover letter, and ask us more about our DEAI process in their interview.
SFFILM, in accordance with federal and state law, is an equal-opportunity employer. SFFILM does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy/childbirth, medical condition, disability, age, ancestry, marital status, citizenship or veteran status. This nondiscrimination policy covers all candidates, staff members, interns, and volunteers.