Start date: September 27, 2021
End date: December 15, 2021
The Event Coordinator reports to the Associate Director of Operations and is responsible for producing parties and receptions for our 2021 Doc Stories series as well as other events during the 2021 fall season, including supporting onstage events. While the Doc Stories Brunch is likely the biggest event this person will own, the Event Coordinator will work with our Programming, Executive, Development, and SFFILM Makers teams on different smaller events for different constituents throughout the season.
This is a temporary hourly position with the expectation of approximately 30 hours a week. SFFILM staff are currently working remotely and this role can expect a large percentage of work to be remote. However, due to the in-person nature of our fall events, this role is required to be based in the Bay Area and should be comfortable working in person at events. Some nights and weekend work is expected.
- Produce events ranging in scope from small happy hours to a 150 person capacity brunch event.
- Manage relationships with venues, vendors, contractors.
- Own the decision making around catering, decor, and entertainment.
- Support the invitations process, working with all departments on list collection and reviewing invites.
- Hire and manage staff and volunteers for events as necessary.
- Work with the Operations team to create appropriate COVID-19 safety protocols and ensure these policies are executed.
- Work with Production on event load in and load out.
- Create showflows for any onstage events that require a more complicated run of show.
- As a member of the Operations team, this role may be asked to support film screening events throughout the fall season in a house management, stage management, or similar capacity.
- 2+ years event production experience, with a preference for film festival experience or experience working with non-profit donors and VIPs.
- Ability to be flexible, as the evolving safety needs of operating during a pandemic may change the scope of events and the duties of this role.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be proactive and highly communicative.
- Ability to work autonomously, with minimal supervision and a limited budget.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, to prioritize effectively, and to respond to last-minute requests.
- Demonstrated experience working on a team with different departments.
- Demonstrated experience delegating to and managing a small team.
- Willingness/ability to perform heavy lifting during event load ins and load outs.
- Light AV/technical experience is a bonus.