The SFFILM Membership department seeks a dependable, organized, team-oriented person to join us this spring, assisting with membership, fundraising strategy and implementation leading up to and during the San Francisco International Film Festival in April 2020. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in nonprofit/arts organization membership, prospect research, cultivation and relationship management in addition to exposure to aspects of development and marketing.
This internship requires a commitment of 2-4 days a week (approx. 8-25 hours per week) and runs early February through the end of May. Hours may increase leading up to the Festival. Some evening availability required. Deadline to apply is January 15, 2020.
- Interact with SFFILM’s fundraising constituents – including sponsors, donors and members.
- Collaboratively works with team members in production, onsite staffing, and execution of receptions and events leading up to and during the Festival.
- Provide assistance to Membership Coordinator at Member Screenings and other public-facing SFFILM events.
- Process memberships and acknowledgement letters, assisting with benefit tracking and fulfillment.
- Provide general administrative support including support with mailing projects, data entry, and customer service.
- Other administrative and customer support as needed.
- Detail-oriented, able to take both instruction and initiative, working with minimal supervision.
- Professional demeanor, positively representing SFFILM when speaking with sponsors, donors and board members.
- Ability to multitask and exhibit consistent follow-through while working under time constraints.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office a plus, especially related to use of Excel and Word for mailings, merges and reports.
- Familiarity with FileMaker, Donor Perfect or other comparable CRMs preferred
- Outgoing and friendly personality with an excellent phone manner and customer service skills.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.