Want the opportunity to make a meaningful impact and connections at a legacy film arts nonprofit? SFFILM’s Development Department seeks a high energy, organized, and data-oriented person to join us this spring to assist with research, analysis, and communication targeted at expanding our portfolio of community and corporate partners. Your work will support the solicitation of prospective partners and marketing opportunities with SFFILM. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about community and corporate outreach while making an important contribution and helping to influence the strategy of the organization.
This internship requires a commitment of 2-3 days a week (approximately 12-20 hours per week) and starts in January 2023 through mid-May 2023. This position may occasionally involve attendance at events outside of normal business hours.
OPPORTUNITIES AND OUTCOMES
- With the guidance of your supervisor, and the support of the Development department, develop and execute a project that results in an example work product and directly supports SFFILM’s outreach goals.
- Develop skills in managing communication, tracking, and asset collection by supporting SFFILM’s existing database of community partner organizations to help cross-promote upcoming SFFILM programs and events.
- Exercise and refine research skills through the identification of new community, corporate, and other strategic SFFILM partners to target for outreach.
- Expand communication skills by supporting preliminary outreach to new and existing community partners.
- Participate in administrative process of tracking partner benefits and implementation.
- Experience and assist onsite with sponsor activations during the SFFILM Festival events.
- Ideal candidates will be skilled listeners and eager problem solvers, with enthusiasm for creatively building relationships with new people and businesses, in order to grow the film community of San Francisco.
- A self-starter with an interest in mission driven work, you want to spend your semester influencing an organization making a community impact.
- You’re detail-oriented, comfortable using technology and curious about understanding and improving the way things work.
- A bit analytical, you love getting insights and making decisions from data.
- You are team oriented and have a professional demeanor.
- Must be able to express yourself clearly, thoroughly and mindfully.
- Ability to multitask and exhibit consistent follow-through; can work under time constraints.
- Familiarity with Bay Area community organizations, businesses and geography a plus.
- Proficiency with Google Suite. Additional CRM and analytics tools a plus.
- SFFILM is an internationally recognized nonprofit 501(c)3 organization.
- Great introduction and experience in development research, cultivation and relationship management in addition to exposure to aspects of program management and marketing.
- Excellent opportunity to learn about the inner workings of a world class film organization and create personal connections.
- Complimentary 1-year SFFILM membership.
- Interns are able, and encouraged, to attend SFFILM preview screenings and events.
- Class credit (if applicable).
- Resume and network builder.
- Unpaid, but great film perks!