The Communications Coordinator facilitates the day-to-day workflow of the SFFILM Communications team by managing team deadlines for creative services projects and deliverables. This includes assisting on sourcing, development, and layout of visual content for various types of media production (digital, print, social, video) to execute our brand strategy.
This role manages cross-functional team schedules, prepares agendas for and runs status meetings, and liaises and collaborates with program teams, seasonal staff, and vendors. The Communications Coordinator oversees our projects and tasking in Basecamp, and ensures routing of all materials happens on schedule.
- Support tracking and prioritization of the Communications Dashboard and asset creation queue to ensure that the department’s time is focused on the appropriate deliverables
- Schedule departmental and cross-functional team meetings
- Lead the creation and facilitation of meeting agendas (including note-taking and identifying next steps)
- Oversee Basecamp projects, to-dos, and action item workflow for all cross-functional work
- Collaborate with all departments of the institution on programmatic information gathering, project deadlines and status updates, and project troubleshooting. Point of contact for the department between team coordinators and leads a weekly meeting of team coordinators
- Assist in the maintenance of the website content in the CMS (web edits, SEO optimizations, digital asset management, etc.)
- Support data review in FileMaker Pro to ensure smooth exports of festival program content to CMS
- Support the organization and maintenance of all Communications Google drive folders (departmental and public) to ensure effective collaboration and clear archiving of assets and Comms work
- Reinforce social media operations including content team support, event coverage, customer service, toolkit creation and distribution
- Sustain the relationship management of external vendors
- Support Communications budget management including filing and reconciling departmental expenses
- Develop and oversee a rewarding intern experience
- Other duties as delegated by the Communications Systems Manager
- Demonstrated skill with managing a project calendar and scheduling
- Confidence in prioritizing deliverable deadlines and mitigating miscommunication within workflows
- A positive demeanor and solutions oriented work ethic
- A desire to learn and grow through mentorship and self direction
- A hands-on attitude and optimistic mindset when overcoming challenges
- A skilled collaborator who proactively tackles tasks that help the team’s workflow
- Ability to work independently to move day-to-day tasks forward
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, especially in fast paced, high intensity environments (as is the festival season)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to articulate competing deadlines and tasks
- Excellent customer service skills and an outgoing and friendly demeanor that enables you to rapidly build strong relationships with both colleagues and external constituents
Fluency in all basic digital tools, including Google Drive
- Familiarity with social media best practices for business is desired
- Experience with WordPress (knowledge of basic HTML), Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, Outlook, Basecamp, CRM Databases (we use DonorPerfect) and FileMaker Pro preferred
- Experience with Google Analytics is a plus
- Experience working with video content for the social and digital environment, including but not limited to YouTube, Facebook Live, Vimeo, and light editing in Adobe Premiere Pro preferred
- Experience in arts non-profit, arts exhibition or a similar field preferred and/or a passion for film and the Bay Area arts community
This position reports to the Communications Systems Manager and is mentored by Director of External Relations.
SFFILM is deeply committed to Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (DEAI) in both its internal management and external programming. Since 2018, the organization has actively been working in collaboration with two Advisory Boards focused on accessibility and inclusivity and officially began work with a DEI consultant in 2019 to further invest in and build on that work. Candidates are invited to discuss their interest and involvement in DEAI practices in their cover letter, and ask us more about our DEAI process in their interview.
SFFILM, in accordance with federal and state law, is an equal-opportunity employer. SFFILM does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy/childbirth, medical condition, disability, age, ancestry, marital status, citizenship or veteran status. This nondiscrimination policy covers all candidates, staff members, interns, and volunteers.