The Schools at the Festival Assistant will assist the education team with their festival season programming, including Schools at the Festival screenings and school visits. Schools at the Festival screenings and visits are selected to support the curriculum of a range of grade levels and subject areas, and all events are interactive experiences with opportunities for students to engage with filmmakers, industry professionals, and subject area specialists in post-screening discussions and Q&As. This programming also allows filmmakers the opportunity to gain valuable feedback from younger audiences. All programs are developed in alignment with Common Core and California Educational Standards for Media Literacy.
This is a full-time, temporary role from April 1 – April 22, 2020.
Responsible for assisting in all festival programming. This will include operational duties before, during, and after screenings, organizational work when tracking event data, and flexibility to lead in-school filmmaker visits when needed.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experience working with youth in a K-12 educational setting.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Educational background in filmmaking, film studies, and/or education.
- Having your own vehicle is a plus.