The Guest Office Manager supervises the budget and department responsible for all communication and arrangements for visiting guests at the SF International Film Festival (including filmmakers, industry, and jury). Must have excellent communication skills, as well as experience in guest/artist relations, budget management, and staff oversight. Film festival experience strongly preferred.
This is a full-time, temporary position that runs from January 20, 2020, with flexibility, until May 8, 2020.
- Overall supervision of the department, including managing and allocating tasks to four Guest Office Coordinators and two Guest Office Assistants.
- Manages Guest budget, working closely with Director of Programming to determine guest invitations, and ensuring travel and accommodations stay within budget.
- Manage communications for all festival guests, including updating invitation and welcome letters, and overseeing guest website.
- Manages hotel room allocation for all festival guests, including liaising with multiple hotels, assigning accommodations to guests, and maintaining master hotel grid.
- Acts as main point of contact for a designated portion of guests visiting the Festival: sending invitation, making travel & lodging arrangements, arranging transportation, creating itineraries, and additional correspondence pertaining to their attendance.
- Is present for load-in of screenings with assigned guests in attendance, to act as a liaison between Guests, Programmers, Theater Operations, and other Staff.
- Works with Development team on Consulate donations/considerations for international guests and guest-related in-kind donations.
- Works with Transportation department to arrange ground transportation, as necessary, and ensure smooth overall communication between Guest Office and Transportation.
- Works with the Special Events Manager and Executive Assistant to manage guest invitations to receptions, dinners, and other guest hospitality.
- Oversees management of the Guest Database in Filemaker Pro.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in budget and staff management.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and timelines.
- Excellent decision-making and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be welcoming and comfortable interacting with people with vastly different backgrounds and roles.
- Previous Guest/Artist Relations or Film Industry experience; Film Festival experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and experienced in database usage (FilemakerPro preferred).