This position has been filled for the 2024 SFFILM Festival.
The Guest Office Coordinator supports execution of all events and activity as relates to festival guests. The Guest Office Coordinator is a full time, seasonal position that reports to the Guest Office Manager and works closely with seasonal and year-round SFFILM roles and departments, and externally with SFFILM Festival guests.
This position supports all activities of the Guest Office department, including communications with all visiting guests at the San Francisco International Film Festival (filmmakers, speakers, industry, and jury).This is an excellent opportunity for someone with experience in film festivals, guest management or customer service to support a programming and guest services team and learn more about film festivals and nonprofit arts events.
As an instrumental member of the Festival team, this role will be expected to work from our SOMA office several days per week depending on department needs. Some night and weekend availability is required, especially leading up to and during the SFFILM Festival (April 24 – 28).
The ideal start date for this position is February 26, 2024. This position is paid hourly at the rate of $20 per hour and is eligible for overtime. The end date for this role is May 2, 2024.
- Coordinate creation and dissemination of welcome packs for all Festival guests.
- Staff the guest services desk in the Hospitality Suite during the Festival to welcome guests and facilitate all guest needs.
- Select and hire all interpreters needed for the Festival’s international guests.
- Collaborate with volunteers in pre-Festival activities and during Festival screenings.
- Act as a liaison between Guest Office, Programming, Operations, Transportation, Development, and other staff.
- Coordinate Industry Days communications and activities as instructed by the Guest Office Manager. Industry Days is a two day in-person event providing networking and panel discussions for 100+ filmmakers.
- Oversee poster distribution before and throughout the festival.
- Support the Guest Office Manager with festival benefit management for all guests, assisting with ticket requests and group sales.
- Coordinate the creation and dissemination of the Industry Delegate Guide.
- Support the Guest Office Manager to ensure a representative from Programming or Guest Office is present for screenings with guests in attendance to liaise between Guests, Programmers, Theater Operations, and other staff.
- Support all expense reconciliation post-festival and coordinate the Guest Office wrap report.
- Strong organizational and communication skills; friendly and welcoming demeanor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and experienced in database usage (FilemakerPro preferred).
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be welcoming and comfortable interacting with people with vastly different backgrounds and roles.
- Previous Guest/Artist Relations or Film Industry experience; Film Festival experience required.
- Knowledge of foreign languages is a plus.
SFFILM is deeply committed to Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (DEAI) in both its internal management and external programming. Since 2018, the organization has actively been working in collaboration with two Advisory Boards focused on accessibility and inclusivity and officially began work with a DEI consultant in 2019 to further invest in and build on that work. Candidates are invited to discuss their interest and involvement in DEAI practices in their cover letter, and ask us more about our DEAI process in their interview.
SFFILM, in accordance with federal and state law, is an equal-opportunity employer. SFFILM does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy/childbirth, medical condition, disability, age, ancestry, marital status, citizenship or veteran status. This nondiscrimination policy covers all candidates, staff members, interns, and volunteers.