Part of SFFILM at Home
Rachel Rosen: This Is Your (SFFILM) Life
After 20 years, our Director of Programming Rachel Rosen is leaving SFFILM for a new adventure. Since we can’t gather in person, we thought we’d celebrate virtually by taking a walk with Rachel through some of her Festival recollections. After Programming staff elicits some memories of Festivals past with Rachel, audience members will have a chance to ask questions, reminisce, or just say thanks. Please join us!
In her 20 years at SFFILM (fka San Francisco Film Society), Rachel Rosen’s career has included:
- Five different job titles and one GGA Certificate of Merit
- Twenty-one International Film Festivals (including one “ghost Festival”)
- One organizational name change and re-brand
- Six years of Doc Stories
- Hundreds of Bay Area filmmakers celebrated at the Festival or during year-round programming
- Thousands of filmmakers welcomed to the Bay Area from afar
- Tens of thousands of films screened for exhibition consideration
- Hundreds of thousands of (hopefully) satisfied and appreciative filmgoers who have seen her introduce a program
Help us bid farewell to this stalwart champion of global cinema at this fun and informal happy hour.