SFFILM is seeking a high energy, dependable, organized, and team-oriented person to join our Development team and help expand our portfolio of corporate and community partners for the San Francisco International Film Festival in April 2021. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity.
This internship requires a commitment of 2-3 days a week (12-15 hours total). This position may involve being online during occasional evening events throughout March-April. This role can be performed remotely, and we will gladly consider candidates from outside the San Francisco Bay Area.
This is an unpaid fully remote internship from February 15 – April 30. While the role is mostly remote, Bay Area candidates are preferred.
- Solicit in-kind partners for the 2021 SFFILM Festival.
- Coordinate with the Operations team on Community Partner & Sponsor activations during the festival.
- Research in-kind and corporate sponsors, and assist with preliminary outreach and information gathering from potential partners.
- Collaborate with staff on partnerships mapping and follow up strategies.
- Collect media assets from partners and coordinate with the Communications team on their deployment across print and digital spaces.
- Provide customer support to key SFFILM constituent groups, including sponsors, donors and members, and represent the organization in an engaging and professional manner during the 2021 SFFILM Festival.
- Interact with the Box Office to fulfill ticket orders.
- Opportunities to provide support at in-person socially distant events such as at a drive-in screening (if local to the Bay Area)
- Detail-oriented, able to receive instruction, and take initiative when appropriate.
- Professional demeanor when representing SFFILM and engaging with sponsors, donors and members.
- Outgoing and friendly personality with an excellent phone manner.
- Capable of expressing yourself clearly, thoroughly and politely.
- Able to work occasional evenings.
- Ability to multitask and exhibit consistent follow-through.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office a plus.
Due to current health restrictions, all interviews will take place over Zoom, with a preference for video. If we reach out to you for an interview, please let us know if you require any technical accommodations or support.
SFFILM is deeply committed to Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (DEAI) in both its internal management and external programming. Since 2018, the organization has actively been working in collaboration with two Advisory Boards focused on accessibility and inclusivity and officially began work with a DEI consultant in 2019 to further invest in and build on that work. Candidates are invited to discuss their interest and involvement in DEAI practices in their cover letter, and ask us more about our DEAI process in their interview.
SFFILM, in accordance with federal and state law, is an equal-opportunity employer. SFFILM does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy/childbirth, medical condition, disability, age, ancestry, marital status, citizenship or veteran status. This nondiscrimination policy covers all candidates, staff members, interns, and volunteers.