The SFFILM Membership department seeks a dependable, organized, team-oriented person to join us this spring, assisting with membership, fundraising strategy and implementation leading up to and during the San Francisco International Film Festival in April 2021. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in nonprofit/arts organization membership, prospect research, cultivation and relationship management in addition to exposure to aspects of development and marketing.
This internship requires a commitment of 2-4 days a week (approx. 8-25 hours per week) and runs early February through the end of May. Hours may increase leading up to the Festival. Some evening availability required. This role can be performed remotely, and we will gladly consider candidates from outside the San Francisco Bay Area. While the role is fully remote, candidates in the Pacific Time Zone are preferred.
This is an unpaid fully remote internship from February 15 – April 30. While the role is mostly remote, Bay Area candidates are preferred.
- Interact with SFFILM’s fundraising constituents – including sponsors, donors and members.
- Complete training on Agile ticketing system and process requested comp tickets for high level donors.
- Provide assistance to Membership Coordinator for virtual member screenings and other public-facing SFFILM virtual events.
- Process memberships and digital acknowledgement letters, assisting with benefit tracking and fulfillment.
- Provide general administrative support including support with data entry and customer service.
- Other administrative and customer support as needed.
- Opportunities to provide support at in-person socially distant events such as at a drive-in screening (if local to the Bay Area)
- Detail-oriented, able to take both instruction and initiative, working with minimal supervision.
- Professional demeanor, positively representing SFFILM when speaking with sponsors, donors and board members.
- Ability to multitask and exhibit consistent follow-through while working under time constraints.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office a plus, especially related to use of Excel and Word for merges and reports.
- Experience with working at a box office and working with ticketing software a plus.
- Familiarity with FileMaker, DonorPerfect or other comparable CRMs preferred
- Outgoing and friendly personality with an excellent phone manner and customer service skills.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
Due to current health restrictions, all interviews will take place over Zoom, with a preference for video. If we reach out to you for an interview, please let us know if you require any technical accommodations or support.
SFFILM is deeply committed to Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (DEAI) in both its internal management and external programming. Since 2018, the organization has actively been working in collaboration with two Advisory Boards focused on accessibility and inclusivity and officially began work with a DEI consultant in 2019 to further invest in and build on that work. Candidates are invited to discuss their interest and involvement in DEAI practices in their cover letter, and ask us more about our DEAI process in their interview.
SFFILM, in accordance with federal and state law, is an equal-opportunity employer. SFFILM does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy/childbirth, medical condition, disability, age, ancestry, marital status, citizenship or veteran status. This nondiscrimination policy covers all candidates, staff members, interns, and volunteers.