SFFILM at Home: How To Use Zoom
Amid these unprecedented circumstances, SFFILM is making sure that “social distancing” doesn’t keep from connecting with the community and stories we love. Despite physical separation, we want to gather with you virtually to celebrate great films and filmmakers together. It is in that spirit that we invite you to SFFILM at Home.
Please note that the SFFILM Code of Conduct applies to all events, including virtual events. If you see anyone violating the code of conduct, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Download the Zoom app here. To join calls from your computer, you’ll need the software installed!
- Fun Zoom link with video tutorials
How SFFILM at Home events work
- Attendees can RSVP for SFFILM at Home events on sffilm.org.
- Attendees must additionally register on Zoom for access to the event. The day before the event, registrants will receive an email with a link that will allow them to
register on Zoom. (We ask that you kindly keep this link private, and do not share.)
- Please make sure you have a strong connection to the internet.
- Upon joining each event, attendees will not be able to turn on their microphone or video. Only the moderator or guest(s) will have access to these microphone and video settings.
- To ask the moderator or guest a question, please use the Q&A section. An SFFILM staff member will be screening questions.
- For our member and public events, use the Comment section to chat with other attendees. This function will be unavailable for Family and Education events.
Frequently Asked Questions
For security purposes, and in order to preserve this exclusive benefit for invited guests only, registration on sffilm.org is required.
Post-event recordings may be made available for select discussions.
They will be provided whenever possible, currently this is being determined on a case-by-case basis.