The Filmmaker School Visit Coordinator will support the Director of Education and Schools at the Festival Program by selecting, coordinating, scheduling, managing and presenting all in-school visits of Festival filmmaker guests to Bay Area K-12 classrooms. Films are selected to support the curriculum of a range of grade levels and subject areas, and all visits are interactive experiences with opportunities for students to engage with filmmakers, industry professionals, and subject area specialists in post-screening discussions and Q&As. Visits also allow the artists the opportunity to gain valuable feedback from younger audiences. All programs are developed in alignment with Common Core and California Educational Standards for Media Literacy.
This is a full-time, temporary role from February 10 – May 1, 2020.
Responsible for selecting, coordinating, scheduling, managing and presenting all in-school visits of Festival filmmaker guests to Bay Area K-12 classrooms to show and discuss their films.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experience working with youth in a K-12 educational setting.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Educational background in filmmaking, film studies, and/or education.
- Having your own vehicle is a plus.