The Press Office Coordinator is responsible for coordination and administrative support of all activities of the Press Office leading up to and during the 63rd San Francisco International Film Festival (April 8–21, 2020).
This is a full-time, temporary position that runs from February 10 – May 1, 2020.
- Managing media accreditation process (200-250 applications), including outlet review/investigation, communication of approval/denial, and credential production.
- Managing communication with film teams, studios, and distributors around press access for screeners and other press materials.
- Collecting, organizing, and processing press materials for all SFFILM Festival films, including screeners, images, press kits, and clips.
- Leading setup of press download site, including upload of 1000+ individual assets for 3/14 program announcement.
- Overseeing team of 2-3 interns who contribute to materials processing and coverage tracking, assisting their training in publicity outreach.
- Managing screener checkout system, for staff and press.
- Assisting in execution of press conference and press screenings.
- Facilitating move to Festival offices, setup of interview space.
- Managing operation of Festival Press Office, including staff/intern schedules.
- Writing press releases for SFFILM Festival programs as needed.
- Working screenings, events, red carpets, and receptions as needed.
- Working with small media group based on interest.
- Overseeing coverage tracking and clippings processing.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to wrangle and organize thousands of individual assets (images, press kits, bios, video files, screening links) in a coherent and accessible manner.
- Experience working with journalists and film teams, studios and distributors.
- Superior communication skills, both email and phone.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize effectively.
- Experience with Filemaker preferred.
- Passion for cinema a plus.