SFFILM is seeking a high energy, dependable, organized, and team-oriented person to join our Development team and help expand our portfolio of corporate and community partners for the San Francisco International Film Festival in April 2020. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity.
This internship requires a commitment of 2-3 days a week (12-15 hours total). This position may involve occasional evening events throughout March-April.
Spring internships run from early February to May 2020. Deadline to apply is January 15, 2020.
- Solicit in-kind partners such as restaurants, caterers, food purveyors and beverage sponsors for the 2020 SFFILM Festival.
- Research in-kind and corporate sponsors, and assist with preliminary outreach and information gathering from potential partners.
- Collaborate with staff on partnerships mapping and follow up strategies.
- Collect media assets from partners and coordinate with the Communications team on their deployment across print and digital spaces.
- Work closely with the Operations team on all brand activations at theatres and events.
- Engage with key SFFILM constituent groups, including sponsors, donors and members, and represent the organization in an engaging and professional manner at public events.
- Help conduct outreach, follow up with patrons, cultivate corporate partners in the community and at events, and other related tasks associated with managing individual relations.
- Interact with the Box Office to fulfill ticket orders.
- Detail-oriented, able to receive instruction, and take initiative when appropriate.
- Professional demeanor when representing SFFILM and engaging with sponsors, donors and members.
- Outgoing and friendly personality with an excellent phone manner.
- Capable of expressing yourself clearly, thoroughly and politely.
- Able to work occasional evenings.
- Ability to multitask and exhibit consistent follow-through.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office a plus.