The Guest Office Assistant acts as the primary administrative support for the Guest Office, the department that handles all filmmaker and guest arrangements at the festival. They are a liaison for a certain segment of visiting guests, including coordinating travel, accommodations, transportation, and attendance at screenings and events. Film industry and/or festival experience preferred. Must have excellent communication skills and ability to multi-task.
This is a full-time, temporary position that runs from February 24, 2020, until April 29, 2020.
- Acts as primary administrative support for the department, including maintaining Guest Database in FilemakerPro, creating guest itineraries, creating and updating materials, and maintaining digital tools such as Formstack and Guest Info website.
- Acts as the main point of contact for the Ambassador program on behalf of the Guest Office, ensuring that all necessary guest arrangements are made, and working closely with the Artist Development team to facilitate changes and keep schedule accurate records.
- Acts as main point of contact for a certain segment of guests at the festival, including finding interpreters as needed.
- Duties include: sending invitations, making travel & accommodation arrangements, arranging transportation, creating itineraries, arranging badges and tickets, and any additional correspondence pertaining to their attendance.
- Works with Guest Office Manager to book all travel and accommodations within given budget.
- Works with the Festival Events Producer and Executive Assistant in inviting guests to receptions and dinners.
- Troubleshoots any guest-related issues with diplomacy, levelheadedness, and consideration of resources.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Organized and able to juggle multiple tasks and timelines
- Have excellent decision-making and creative problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and experienced in database usage (FilemakerPro preferred).
- Be friendly, welcoming and comfortable interacting with people with vastly different backgrounds and roles.