The SFFILM Programming team is seeking an organized, enthusiastic, and welcoming candidate to support the activities of the SFFILM Guest Office for the 2023 SFFILM Festival.
The Guest Office Assistant supports all activities of the Guest Office Department, including communications and hospitality for all the guests attending the Festival (filmmakers, speakers, industry, and jury). This position would work closely with the Guest Office Manager, Coordinator and all Programmers, and would provide public facing and behind the scenes support. This position is ideal for someone with excellent communication skills and attention to detail seeking to enhance their experience in guest/artist relations. Film festival experience strongly preferred.
This is a full-time temporary role from 3/27 to 5/3, paid at an hourly rate of $20 per hour. This role has the expectation of some overtime pre-festival, with a high volume of overtime expected during the SFFILM Festival (April 13-April 23).
Covid-19 Safety: Seasonal staff at the 2023 SFFILM Festival may be required to engage in public-facing roles and thus are required to provide proof of vaccination and booster for employment.
- Acts as a liaison between Guest Office, Programming, Operations, Transportation, Development, Theater and other staff.
- Provide administrative support to both the Guest Office and Programming Department as assigned, including but not limited to: liaising with multiple hotels, assigning and supervising accommodations to guests, maintaining master hotel grid, purchasing flights and overseeing airfare reimbursements.
- Support the Guest Office Manager with the overall project management platform, scheduling, distribution of tasks and general communications.
- Coordinate creation and disseminating welcome packs for all Festival Guests.
- Work with the Guest Office Manager to ensure SFFILM Guests website is up to date and accurate.
- Staff the guest services desk in the Hospitality Suite when needed during the Festival to welcome and facilitate all guests.
- With guidance from Programming, select and hire all interpreters needed for the festival’s international guests.
- Support the Programming Team with AMPAS hospitality.
- Works with the Special Events Team to manage guest invitations to receptions, dinners, and other guest hospitality.
- Work with the Guest Office Manager to coordinate excursions during the festival for filmmakers.
- Provide administrative support for Festival Industry Days including scheduling, welcome packet assembly, and ad hoc administration. Industry Days is a two day in-person event providing networking and panel discussions.
- Provide Administrative support for all Festival Coffee Talks.
- Work with the Transportation department to ensure smooth overall communication between Guest Office and Transportation for guests.
- Assist with the Guest Office wrap report.
- Strong organizational, communication skills and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while juggling multiple projects.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be welcoming and comfortable interacting with people with vastly different backgrounds and roles.
- Previous Guest/Artist Relations or Film Industry experience and/or Film Festival experience is strongly preferred but not required.
- Experience with FileMaker Pro, Zoom webinars, G Suite, Google Forms, Microsoft Word and Excel is preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new software and systems.
- Experience hiring and managing volunteers is a plus.
- Knowledge of Basecamp and foreign languages is a plus.
Reports to the Guest Office Manager.