Frequently Asked Questions
2023 SFFILM Festival
The SFFILM Festival returns Apr 13–Apr 23, 2023.
No, the 2023 SFFILM Festival is an in-person event.
The SFFILM Festival program will be announced on Wednesday, March 22, 2023.
Members: Tickets to the 2023 SFFILM Festival program will be available for purchase on Wednesday, March 22.
General Public: Tickets to the 2023 SFFILM Festival will be available for purchase on Friday, March 24.
Ticket Packs are vouchers that come in bundles of six and 10 and can be redeemed for screenings and events with a value of up to $25. Click here to purchase a Ticket Pack.
Yes! A Cinevisa is an all-access pass that includes admission to our in-person screenings. Click here to purchase a Cinevisa.
No. If you do not have an account with SFFILM, you will be asked to create one during the checkout process.
A show is AT RUSH when all advance tickets have sold out. Rush tickets may be available just before showtime, and sometimes as part of the daily Noon Ticket Release. At theaters, a rush line will form outside the venue 30–60 minutes before the screening starts. Once all ticket and pass holders are seated, any empty seats will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis to those in the rush line. We offer one ticket per person waiting in line at the time of admission. Some streaming films have audience capacity limits and may go to RUSH if that limit is reached. Check event pages for availability, and always get your tickets early to ensure you have a spot. Tickets may become available during our Daily Noon Ticket Releases. To find them, check the film’s event page daily, at noon. Newly-released tickets will be for sale there.
All orders are final. No refunds, exchanges, substitutions, or replacements will be issued.
Your safety is our top priority. Click here for our current COVID-19 policy.
We’re so glad you asked! Click here to purchase or renew your membership. Please email members@SFFilm.org with questions.
1. Click here to sign in. Click the gray box at the top of the login screen to choose which set of credentials you prefer to use. Insert member number + password OR email + password.
2. This will redirect the page to the “My Account” with 5 options on the left hand side of the webpage (Contact Info, Password, Upcoming Events, My Membership, Order History). Click “My Membership.” Click the green bar RENEW MEMBERSHIP.
3. Select the renewal price
For your membership to be automatically renewed each year, check off “Check To Automatically Renew This Membership” 4. The page will redirect to finalize the order. Click the green bar CHECKOUT. Select MAKE DONATION or click “No Thanks.” Confirm the billing address and email and click the green bar CONTINUE
5. The page will redirect for payment information Once payment information has been filled out, click the green bar MAKE PAYMENT
Done! An email confirmation of your payment and membership details will be sent to the email connected to your SFFILM account (it may take a while to appear in your inbox and might fall in spam, junk, promotional, or social folders)
You can search for it by clicking the SIGN IN icon on the top right corner of SFFILM.org. Click LOG IN and choose “FORGOT YOUR NUMBER?” Enter your First Name, Last Name and Zip code. Select “SFFILM MEMBERSHIP” and click “SIGN IN” after the member number populates.
We are transitioning to digital membership cards that are available for download on mobile devices compatible with Apple Wallet or Google Pay. Below is a list of instructions on how to download a digital membership card on your mobile device if you have access to Apple Wallet or Google Pay.
1. On your mobile device, open the following link: https://sffilm.org/my-membership/
2. Insert your member number (INSERT RECIPIENT's MEMBER NUMBER) and click the green SIGN IN button.
3. Insert your password and click the green SUBMIT button (if you forgot your password, click "FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD?" in blue font and follow the instructions to reset your password and refer back to step 1 in this list of instructions).
4. The page will redirect to the My Membership page. Click the "ADD TO APPLE WALLET" button or "G PAY SAVE TO PHONE" button, whichever application your phone is compatible with.
5. Done! You now have access to your digital membership card! Remember to show this digital membership card to use the priority access line.
For help with Member Numbers:
1. Click “Forgot your Number?”
2. Enter the First Name, Last Name and Zip Code associated with the membership
3. Select “SFFILM Membership”
4. Click “Sign In” after the member number populates.
For help with Passwords:
1. After clicking “Sign In,” confirm that the “Info” and “Name” fields are correct.
2. Click “Forgot your password?”
3. Enter the email address associated with your membership.
4. Click “Send Me A Reset Link”
5. Check your inbox and spam folder for a message from community@SFFilm.org with the subject line “SFFILM Password Assistance – Reset Request” and click “Reset Password.”
*If this is your first time logging into an account that was created for you by an SFFILM staff member, please look for an email with the subject line “SFFILM Password Assistance – Account Creation” and click “Create Web Account.”
If you experience any issues while following the steps above, it’s possible that your account information does not match what you are entering. Please email members@SFFilm.org with any issues.
Member pre-sale notices are sent via email. Follow the link in the message to purchase tickets, or check our website calendar of events. Be sure to sign in to our website with your member information to purchase tickets at the member rate.
You are asked to update your email preferences each time you checkout on our website. It's possible that you've changed your preferences unknowingly. Please contact us at members@SFFilm.org to reset your email permissions.
Complimentary Ticket Pack(s) included with memberships at the Star level and above will appear as a payment option when applicable events are live on our website.
1. Navigate to any regularly-priced screening, click Buy Tickets.
2. Sign in to your membership account
3. Choose the $0.00 Ticket 10-Pack price option from the list of ticket prices
4. Proceed to checkout
Benefit Ticket Packs expire when the membership does, so get out and see all the films you can. If you renew your membership early, unused tickets from your previous cycle will rollover, but they will still expire on the original membership expiration date. Our ticketing website will always redeem the oldest tickets first.
Jobs at SFFILM
Click here to visit our careers page. We do not accept resumes if we are not hiring.
Please contact us with your full name and email address, as well as what role(s) you applied for. We will check to be sure that we received your application and/or let you know where we are in the hiring process.
We generally open our internship application around mid April. Summer Internships will run from mid June through August.