Frequently Asked Questions
A show is AT RUSH when all advance tickets have sold out. Rush tickets may be available just before showtime, and sometimes as part of the daily Noon Ticket Release. A rush line will form outside the venue 30-60 minutes before the screening starts. Once all ticket and pass holders are seated, any empty seats will be sold on a first-come first-served basis to those in the rush line, one ticket per person waiting in line at the time of admission. Rush tickets are not available at BAMPFA.
SFFILM Members: To log in to your account you have two options: click the gray box at the top of the login screen to choose which set of credentials you prefer to use.
1. Username OR email + password
2. Member Number + last name
Returning customers: Log in during checkout by entering your username OR email + password
New Customers: You will be instructed to create an account at checkout
- Complete the membership purchase before adding additional items to your shopping cart. Completing the membership purchase will activate the member benefits on your record, including benefit ticket packages and member discounts.
- Log out and log back into your account. This will refresh the web browser and update your record with any changes.
- Confirm that you are using the correct member number and that your membership has not expired. Log out and back into your record. If problems persist, use the chat tool in the bottom right corner to contact us.
When completing your order, you will be able to select one of the following delivery methods for your tickets:
WILL CALL: If you choose Will Call, your tickets will be held at the venue box office for pickup at the first screening in your order. The box office opens an hour before the first showtime of the day at that venue.
PRINT AT HOME/E-DELIVERY: If you choose Print at Home, PDF tickets are attached to your order confirmation email. You can print out paper tickets and bring them to the screening, or you can present e-tickets on a mobile device at the theater.
STANDARD MAIL: If you choose Standard Mail, your tickets will be mailed to you at the shipping address you enter during the checkout process. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for processing mail orders.
If you purchased your tickets on a single order (i.e. in the same transaction), all of your tickets will be available for pick up at the venue and on the day of the first screening in your order.
If you purchased your tickets on multiple orders (i.e. separate transactions), then each separate order will be available for pick up at the venue and on the day of the first screening in the order. If you would like multiple orders bundled together for pick up, contact the box office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Via Confirmation Email: If you chose "Print at Home" tickets, you can present e-tickets on a mobile device for admission. Open the "MobileTickets" file attached to your confirmation email and show it to the person scanning tickets at the theater.
Via SFFILM Website: To log in to your account click the SIGN IN icon in the upper right corner of the SFFILM website. Click where it says LOG IN and use either your username / email + password or your member number + last name to log in. Click the Settings icon again, and "Mobile Tickets" to find your e-tickets. You can present these on your mobile device to the person scanning tickets at the theater.
Yes! Tickets are fully transferable:
- Tickets in hand can be handed off to another person for use.
- To give someone else your PRINT AT HOME tickets, forward them the order confirmation email. They may use the tickets attached in PDF form for admission.
- For tickets being held at WILL CALL, email the box office at email@example.com with the name of the person you are authorizing to pick up the tickets instead of you. The tickets will then be held under that person’s name at will call.
Check your Junk/Spam folder for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you find it there, please mark as Not Junk and add us to your address book. If you still can't find it, sign into your SFFILM account and click on the "My Orders" tab to access your recent orders.
- Log in with the same username OR email + password you used to purchase your Ticket Package.
- Navigate to any regularly-priced screening and click BUY TICKETS.
- $0.00 "Ticket 10-Package" ticket price will appear. Select the quantity of tickets you want beside the $0.00 option and click Add to Cart, proceed to checkout.
- You will receive an order confirmation when you've successfully redeemed your Ticket Package for specific screenings.
- If you do not see a $0.00 ticket price after logging in, or cannot find a confirmation e-mail for your Ticket Package purchase, please contact the Box Office at email@example.com.
- Click the SIGN IN icon on the top right corner of the SFFILM website.
- Click where it says LOG IN and use either your username OR e-mail + password or your member number + last name to log in.
- Click the Settings icon again, and “Edit my account” to update your contact information.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Box Office at 415-561-5006.
We’re so glad you asked! Click HERE.
You can renew any of the following ways:
- Renew online!
- Give us a call at 415-561-5026.
- Send a check with memo “Membership Renewal” made out to SFFILM to 39 Mesa Street, Suite 110, San Francisco CA 94129
- On the Ticket Packages page, click Buy Now, and then click Log in
- Use either your email OR username + password or member number + last name to log in
- Select the Member price Ticket Package and proceed to checkout
The complimentary Ticket Package that is included as a benefit for Star, Director, Storyteller, and Auteur members is tied directly to your membership account.
- Navigate to any regular priced screening, click Buy Tickets
- Log in to your membership account
- Choose the $0.00″ Ticket 10-Pack” price option from the list of ticket prices
- Proceed to checkout
Members receive email notifications for monthly member screenings. You can RSVP one of two ways:
- Go to SFFILM’s online calendar and scroll to any event labeled Member Screening.
- Click the RSVP button and log in to your membership, select the desired ticket quantity from the dropdown then proceed to checkout
Click RSVP on the email invitation and follow the same steps as above.
It sounds like you have used your member screening allotment for the year. You can upgrade or renew HERE to replenish your access.
Email email@example.com to be added to a waitlist or for more information on a rush line.
- Yes! If you would like to bring a guest, this will count as 2 RSVPs for that screening. When registering for a screening you can select up to two tickets if your account has them available.
- Sign in using your username OR email + password or member number + last name.
- Select the film screening you would like to attend and click "BUY TICKETS"
- Proceed to checkout and you will receive a confirmation email once completed.
- Member pre-sale notices are sent via email. Follow the link in the message to purchase tickets, or check our website calendar of events. Be sure to sign in to our website with your member information to purchase tickets at the member rate.
Invitations are sent via email. You can also check our calendar of events HERE.
- Member numbers can be found on your Member card, or at the bottom of member screening emails. Additionally, you can search for it by clicking the SIGN IN icon on the top right corner of SFFILM.org. Click LOG IN and choose "Forgot your number?" You will be asked to enter your First Name, Last Name and Zip code. Your member number will then be emailed to you.
Double check your spam folder to make sure SFFILM emails are not being sent there by mistake! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm we have your correct email address on our list.
Email email@example.com or give us a call at 415-561-5026 and we can assist with processing Senior or Student memberships over the phone. Valid photo ID required.
If you cannot remember the email address associated with your account please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send it to you. To reset your password, click the "Forgot your password?" link found in the bottom right corner of the sign in window. Provide your email and a reset link will be sent to you.
Jobs at SFFILM
- Please visit our careers page to see if we have any openings. We do not accept resumes if we are not hiring.
- Please leave your full name and email address, as well as what role(s) you applied for if you're able to recall. We will check to be sure that we received your application and/or let you know where we are in the hiring process.
- We usually offer one or two Summer internships, primarily in our Education department. For all other departments, Fall and Spring are our busier seasons where we hire many more interns. We will open our Summer 2018 internship application around mid April. Summer Internships will run from mid June through August.
We will open our Summer 2019 internship application around mid April. Summer Internships will run from mid June through August.