The Education Department is seeking a motivated intern to support our Filmmakers in the Classroom (FITC) program and assist with our Schools at the Festival (SATF) program in April.
Spring internships will run from February to May 2020. Deadline to apply is January 15, 2020.
The Youth Education Intern will assist in the classroom as a FITC teaching and production assistant, provide assistance at the theater for SATF screenings, and work in the SFFILM offices providing administrative support. The Youth Education Intern will also help preview films for educational screenings and provide additional support to the Education Department as needed.
- Strong desire to work with children and/or teens in a classroom setting.
- Experience with basic film production.
- Research and data entry skills.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Word).
- Availability for morning/afternoon weekday classroom sessions, as well as scheduled weekday hours in the SFFILM offices, and some weekend events (8-12 hours a week total).
- Ability to take direction and work independently, as well as work on a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Previous classroom or teaching experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel to school sites around the Bay Area.