The Operations Coordinator supports the Operations Manager, Senior Events Producer, Tech and Media Manager, and overall functions of the SFFILM Operations department. This position supports SFFILM fall programs and events with an administrative focus, as well as onsite support and venue management at screenings, parties, and special events. This position will be expected to work nights and weekends for events as needed.
This is a full time, temporary position from October 21 – December 13
Please email a single PDF of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
SFFILM Fall Programs
- Provide onsite support of fall events: house management, production assistance, load in/load out
- Supervise two interns, including training, scheduling, and providing feedback
- Manage department meeting schedules, meeting agendas and note taking, including following up on interdepartmental action items and deadlines
- Assist with advancement of programs, including creation of showflows and managing interdepartmental needs
- Assist with research and administrative projects as needed, including supporting the process of badge making (facilitating requests, printing, and badge stuffing)
- Organize and maintain inventory for on-site storage facilities
SFFILM Awards Night
- Participate in internal and external production meetings, including being responsible for note-taking
- Coordinate supplemental volunteer staffing, including confirming and gathering information from staff, communicating event details, and working with Senior Producer and Operations Manager on staffing assignments
- Work with Senior Producer and Communications team to support creation of event materials and designed collateral
- Support administration in Basecamp and other systems
SFFILM Festival Preparation
- Manage research projects
- Support administration in Basecamp, Shiftboard, and Filemaker
- Support the process of hiring seasonal staff, including updating job descriptions and screening applications
- Experience with event production strongly preferred.
- Experience with house management/venue management, particularly in film festivals, strongly preferred.
- Experience with staff or volunteer management preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be proactive and highly communicative.
- Ability to work autonomously, with minimal supervision and a limited budget.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, to prioritize effectively, and to respond to last-minute requests.
- Experience with project management systems such as Basecamp a plus.
- Willingness/ability to perform heavy lifting.
- Must have valid Driver’s license.
- Interest in being involved with the SFFILM Festival in the spring is a plus.