Assistant Graphic Designer
The Communications team at SFFILM is seeking a hard-working and creative Assistant Graphic Designer to participate in the creation of visual assets for SFFILM campaigns and events including Awards Night, and the 65th SFFILM Festival. The Assistant Graphic Designer works closely with the Graphic Designer, Project Manager, and Coordinator to produce a wide array of media that advances the mission and brand of SFFILM through creative, strategic, and top-notch design.
This is a full-time temporary role from early November to mid-December and returns in early 2022 and continues through April 29. Bay Area based candidates are strongly preferred. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio for consideration.
- Support the design and creation of all print and digital assets for the 65th San Francisco International Film Festival and 2021 Fall season events
- Assist in design and layout of Festival program guide, a 60+-page print book detailing 150 screening events.
- Produce digital, print, and outdoor advertising, from full-page spreads in distributed publications to re-skins of national websites to billboards and transit advertising
- Create print and digital signage, from directional posters used in theater venues to onscreen slideshows projected before screenings
- Produce graphics for social media and email campaigns
- Create and present mockups and presentations for feedback from the Communications team and some external partners
- Create other print and digital collateral as needed, including pitch decks, brochures, flyers, and more
- Implement consistent brand identity across a diverse array of materials.
- Manage multiple projects from concept to completion, adhering to strict deadlines
- This position reports to the year-round graphic designer
- 2–3 years of relevant professional experience, working towards a career in graphic design strongly preferred
- A solid understanding of branding, visual design principles, and typography.
- Fluency in Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Proficiency in Figma and After Effects is a plus.
- Able to take initiative, receive and implement feedback
- Enthusiastic and passionate with an eye for detail
- Superior file management skills (tracking and archiving)
- Clear, direct, and professional communication style
- Organized and deadline-driven team-player capable of picking up and applying new skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to jump between short term and long term projects without sacrificing quality