Want the opportunity to make an impact at a legacy film arts nonprofit? SFFILM’s Development Department seeks a high energy, organized, and data-oriented person to join us this summer to assist with research and analysis, helping expand our portfolio of corporate and community partners. Your work will assist on identifying, researching and identifying prospective corporate partners and related-marketing opportunities with SFFILM. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity to make a meaningful contribution and help influence the strategy of the organization.
This internship requires a commitment of 2-3 days a week (approximately 12-20 hours per week) and starts in early June and ends in August. This position requires attendance at some evening events this summer.
- Research new and existing in-kind and corporate sponsors. Assist with preliminary outreach and information gathering of potential partners.
- Create reports, visualizations for external and internal communications.
- Proactively identify and analyze areas for improvement using a data-driven, partner-centric approach to help grow and optimize the organization.
- Propose new business partnership opportunities for SFFILM, based on research and evidence gathering.
- Support improvements to database organization and maintenance.
- Contribute to planning and production of receptions and events.
- Assist the Development Department in soliciting in-kind sponsors such as restaurants, caterers, food purveyors and beverage sponsors.
- Track sponsor benefits and implementation.
- Facilitate delivery and organization of post-event reports.
- Provide general administrative support.
- Collaborate with staff on partnerships mapping and follow up strategies.
- Ideal candidates will be skilled listeners and eager problem solvers, with enthusiasm for creatively building relationships with new people and businesses, in order to grow the film community of San Francisco.
- A self-starter with an interest in mission driven work, you want to spend your summer influencing an organization making a community impact.
- You’re detail-oriented, comfortable using technology and curious about understanding and improving the way things work.
- A bit analytical, you love getting insights and making decisions from data.
- You are team oriented and have a professional demeanor.
- Must be able to express yourself clearly, thoroughly and mindfully.
- Ability to multitask and exhibit consistent follow-through; can work under time constraints.
- Familiarity with Bay Area businesses and geography a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Additional analytics tools a plus.