The Special Events Coordinator supports the Special Events team in project managing and executing all special events for the 2019 SFFILM Festival, including Parties & Receptions (Opening & Closing Night parties, small receptions, dinners, Golden Gate Awards), and Live Programming (Big Nights, Music + Film, awards and tribute conversation, Live & Onstage shows). This position is focused primarily, but not exclusively, on supporting the production of Live Programming shows, and acts as the Events Production Assistant during the festival. This is a full-time temporary position from March 18 to April 26, 2019.
- Act as administrative support for data entry with departmental organizational tools, including showflows, production database, and basecamp projects
- Works with Senior Producer, Events & Special Programs to build and update showflows for shows including Opening Night, Closing Night, Centerpiece, Music + Film, Live & Onstage, Award & Tribute conversations, Golden Gate Awards, Members Night, and others.
- Work with Special Events Coordinator and Logistics Manager to coordinate movement of equipment, furniture, green room, and other production needs needs during festival
- Prepares and manages green room needs across different venues, including working with Guest Office to ascertain talent needs
- Coordinate with Tech and Communications teams on slides and other non-film media needs for shows
- Support Onstage Events Manager in on-site execution of events, including load-in and out, set-up, rehearsals, and acting as a stagehand during shows. Independently oversees
- Acts as lead producer on certain evens as assigned
- Supports at parties & receptions as needed
- Detail-oriented and organized, with strong skills in excel and Filemaker preferred
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in event production, live show production, or stage management
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks and timelines
- A self-starter with excellent decision-making and creative problem-solving skills
- Have a great attitude, cooperative spirit, and possess great energy and efficiency
- Be friendly, welcoming and comfortable interacting with people with vastly different backgrounds and roles
- Be comfortable with the standing, heavy lifting and labor inherent in loading in and out festival sites