The SFFILM Communications department is seeking a dependable, detail-oriented and web-savvy individual to aid in the publicizing of all SFFILM programs and events. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on publicity experience at a top-ranked film festival, and provides well-rounded exposure to press outreach strategies in digital and traditional media. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who approaches a variety of communications-related tasks with a positive attitude and consistent follow-through.
Working under the supervision of the Director of Communications and the Press Office Coordinator, learn how the SFFILM Press Office operates by assisting in, preparing for, and executing publicity campaigns for the 2019 San Francisco International Film Festival (March – May).
This position also requires some evening/weekend availability. This role will be open until filled.
- Conduct research into special interest media outlets
- Contact press to initiate contact and pitch coverage
- Gather and organize materials for film programs such as images, press kits and synopses
- Provide press materials to media contacts and facilitate interviews
- Maintain video library including tracking secure screening links and checking them out to press and staff
- Enter and update data (mailing lists, contact info, etc.) in institutional databases
- Organize, track and process press clippings and assist with ongoing clippings archive project
- Develop and draft press releases and press kits
- Provide onsite event support at festival venues, including screenings, receptions and special events
- Assist with miscellaneous projects as assigned
- Flexible, energetic, detail-oriented team players
- Good organizational skills
- A passion for cinema
- Macintosh experience helpful, especially FileMaker Pro, Photoshop, Microsoft Office and image scanning
- Great writing and telephone skills essential
- Knowledge of a second language is a plus