With oversight from the Senior Producer acts as lead on producing, project managing and executing all Festival parties and receptions, including Opening and Closing Night parties, small receptions and dinners, Golden Gate Awards, Press Conference, and Members Night.
This is a full-time, temporary role from March 3 – April 24, 2020.
- Is responsible for lead producing and project managing all Festival parties and receptions, bringing events from conception to execution within budget.
- Works interdepartmentally to balance the needs of various constituencies at events, including sponsors, filmmakers, guests, and board.
- Brainstorm and manage booking venues, entertainment, catering, bar service, and activities, including surrounding logistics i.e. securing permits, executing contracts, and issuing COIs
- Draft and update Festival special events budget, track and submit all payments and expenses.
- Designs events as necessary, working with Senior Producer to create look & feel and choose décor in alignment with Festival creative.
- Coordinate with the Development Department on all food & beverage in-kind donations and execution of sponsor activations.
- Manage rentals, purchases, or requests of necessary furniture, equipment, and décor, and the respective vendor relationships.
- Work with the Communications department to support invitation process for events, including providing copy, oversight of capacity, and pulling RSVP lists.
- Staff volunteers for events and provide day-of management.
- Coordinate with venues and SFFILM Staff to oversee the preparation of venues and to manage event flow and run of show.
- Support Senior Producer and Onstage Events Manager in onstage events as needed.
- Create a written wrap-report and summary of all necessary timeline info.
- 2-5 years experience managing events of varying size, budget, and scope.
- Experience managing production staff and working with venue management.
- Experience with food and beverage logistics and permitting.
- Excellent communication, time management and creative problem-solving skills.
- Posess great energy and efficiency and a cooperative spirit.
- Be friendly, welcoming and comfortable interacting with people with vastly different backgrounds and roles.
- Comfortable with the heavy lifting and labor inherent in loading in and out festival sites.
- Comfort in Microsoft Office (Outlook and OneDrive). FileMaker, Eventbrite and Basecamp a plus.
- Familiarity with Bay Area event venues, artists, and performers a plus.