The Onstage Events Manager supports the Senior Producer, Events & Special Programs through onsite event execution, tech and production install, and stage management for all Live Programming at the Festival (Big Nights, Music + Film, awards and tribute conversation, Live & Onstage shows, and other high-profile screenings). This is a full-time temporary position from April 3 – 21, 2019.
- Oversee on-site execution and production needs for events, including load-in and out, stage set-up, green room hospitality, rehearsals, and acting as stage manager.
- Communicate and coordinate with Theater Operations, Projectionist and Tech team on all timeline elements, media, cues, and call shows for assigned events.
- Supervise Events Assistant and additional production staff on site.
- Coordinate with musicians/performers and their management to ensure all production and hospitality needs are met
- Run cue-to-cue rehearsals with tech team and production assistants
- Work with Events Assistant to update and finalize showflows
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Experience in event production, live show production, or stage management
- Ability to both lead and make decisions independently, and take direction
- Attention to detail, particularly visual elements
- Organized and able to juggle multiple tasks and timelines
- Have excellent decision-making and creative problem-solving skills
- Have a great attitude, cooperative spirit, and possess great energy and efficiency.
- Be friendly, welcoming and comfortable interacting with people with vastly different backgrounds and roles
- Be comfortable with the standing, heavy lifting and labor inherent in loading in and out festival sites