The Institutional Giving Manager is responsible for developing, managing, and sustaining a portfolio of foundation and government partnerships in collaboration with the Managing Director, the Executive Director, and other SFFILM team members as necessary. Under the supervision of the Managing Director, the Manager will identify new prospects, sustain ongoing relationships, and secure grants for both operational and program support.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply
- Manage foundation and government fundraising for the organization.
- Research prospective institutional partners and cultivate new partnerships, with a particular focus on general operating support.
- Work with departmental leadership to identify and secure grants for new and existing programs and initiatives across all programmatic work.
- Steward current supporters throughout the year, including during SFFILM events and during the SFFILM Festival. Provide concierge services, such as complimentary tickets or special invitations, to these constituents as needed.
- Manage one temporary Festival employee to support concierge goals for the development department.
- Write all foundation and government grant applications, proposals, and reports.
- Work closely with SFFILM’s Finance Department to create project budgets, provide financial reports to supporters and ensure the financial and legal fulfillment of all awarded grants. Collaborate with the department to reconcile institutional giving budgets and actuals on a monthly basis.
- Participate in meetings of SFFILM’s Development Department as well as frequent interdepartmental meetings.
- Communicate with all SFFILM departments to gather information and data about accomplishments, challenges, and progress relevant to the development of funding prospects and reporting to current supporters.
- Work with SFFILM departments to ensure that programmatic grants are executed as planned.
- Create and maintain database of statistics and information that communicate SFFILM’s impact across its program areas. Collaborate with SFFILM staff members to facilitate the collection and use of this data.
- Create and maintain all CRM records related to foundation and government giving, including tracking of prospective relationships.
- Serve as cross-departmental lead on development tracking systems and CRM best practices.
- Track and manage the receipt and acknowledgment of foundation and government gifts.
- Create and maintain an up-to-date grant calendar with application and report deadlines.
- Develop a one-, three- and five-year strategy for foundation and government giving in collaboration with the Managing Director.
- Three to five years of direct experience grant writing and foundation portfolio management with demonstrated success in closing gifts of $100,000 and above.
- Ability to conceive, plan, and execute a grants strategy, including family foundations, institutional partners, and government funders.
- Exceptional writing skills and ability to efficiently create funding narratives in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of inspiring support from a variety of constituent groups internally and externally.
- Willingness to be hands-on in a role that is demanding and requires a high level of energy.
- Extensive donor database experience highly desired, preferably DonorPerfect.
- Strong sense of fundraising ethics and respect for confidentiality of donor information.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally with volunteers, colleagues, and donors.
- Strong work ethic, professional manner, and ability to represent SFFILM.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in a timely manner to complete assignment when faced with many deadlines and competing requirements.
- Experience with non-profits highly desirable.