The FilmHouse Venue Manager supports the Artist Development team by managing all event production needs at FilmHouse during the San Francisco International Film Festival. This is a full-time temporary position from April 10 – 23, 2019.
- Work from FilmHouse to assist with any items that need to be moved, cleaned, organized, etc. (Wednesday, April 10 and Thursday, April 11).
- Coordinate with Festival Production Manager for any production needs.
- Set up and break down FilmHouse every day of programming during the festival (Friday, April 12 – Saturday, April 20) including seating configurations, setting out coffee/beverages and food spreads, cleaning up, taking out trash and recycling.
- Work with Event Manager and guest speakers to operate all tech needs through the FilmHouse PA system (mics, etc.)
- Coordinate with Tech Manager for additional tech needs (e.g. lav mics).
- Production work, ability to lift at least 40 lbs.
- Work with volunteers to make sure they have what they need (additional supplies, getting more alcohol from storage, etc.)
- Receive deliveries for SFFILM at FilmHouse (food, sponsor items, etc.) and keep track of all supply inventory
- Run quick errands to get any miscellaneous items (no car needed)
- Work from FilmHouse to assist with any items that need to be moved, cleaned, shipped, returned, etc. (April 22 and 23.)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in event production or venue management a huge plus.
- Basic understanding of A/V setups a plus.
- Have a great attitude, cooperative spirit, and possess great energy and efficiency.
- Be friendly, welcoming and comfortable interacting with people with vastly different backgrounds and roles