This full time position is highly customer service oriented and strives to achieve ease of SFFILM member experience. Ideal candidates are skilled listeners and eager problem solvers, with enthusiasm for teamwork, communication, organization and customer service.
The Development & Membership Associate is primarily responsible for maintenance of membership database and other systems, increased data flow and reconciliation between membership and financial systems, managing member benefits, mailings, and member screenings. Frequently the first point of contact between members (and prospective members) and the organization, the Associate provides excellent and responsive customer service. The position works closely with all Development and Marketing staff to cultivate and steward relationships with members and engage them as lifelong SFFILM supporters. In addition, this person handles interviews, training, and onboarding for 3-4 interns per year and is responsible for other tasks as assigned. This position reports to the Associate Director of Member and Donor Relations.
Please email a PDF of resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply
- Coordinate and execute membership transactions and mailings, including monthly renewal notices, weekly acknowledgment mailings, and observing trends and variations in members’ and donors’ giving history.
- Respond promptly and graciously to the general SFFILM Membership email and voicemail; forward messages, calls, and emails to other departments as necessary
- Complete ticket orders and other special requests for patrons.
- Manage member email lists and communications.
- Manage and maintain donor records in DonorPerfect, update records, enter new data into SFFILM databases and support all Development data entry efforts.
- Prepare and organize acknowledgement letters, other correspondence, and reports as needed to team members and SFFILM Board of Directors.
- Assist with donor related activities as assigned, which include conducting research and identifying potential funders for specific programs or events.
- Handle and trouble-shoot inquiries from donors, prospects and board members as needed.
- Provide information on upcoming events and screenings to members and ticket buyers.
- Organize guest lists, RSVP tracking, and onsite check-in for member screenings and other member events.
- Run member screenings and provide additional event support as needed.
- Generally assist the Development department’s growth activities and special projects, including proactive engagement of SFFILM members and constituents at public events.
- One to three years’ experience in non-profit administration, fundraising, or other relevant position
- Accurate typing skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to work with numbers
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Highly organized and able to manage shifting priorities
- Collaborative and willing to work cross-departmentally to support institutional fundraising and membership initiatives
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with CRM or donor database software recommended
- Experience with email marketing a plus