Submissions for the 2019 SFFILM Festival are now closed. Check back in August 2019 for information regarding submissions to the 2020 Festival.
EARLY – postmarked by MONDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2018
OFFICIAL – postmarked by MONDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2018
FINAL – postmarked by MONDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2018
FINAL (Youth Works only) – postmarked by MONDAY, JANUARY 11, 2019
General Information for Entries
- All entries must have been completed on or after January 1, 2018.
- Features previously exhibited in the Bay Area, either theatrically, at another local festival, or via television or Internet broadcast are not eligible to apply.
- Bay Area filmmakers are eligible for additional Bay Area awards given in recognition of the rich variety of work that has established Northern California as a center of independent production. Bay Area awards are presented to a documentary feature film and two short films. To qualify for a Bay Area award, entries must have been made by a filmmaker who is a current resident of the San Francisco Bay Area (the area from Monterey to Mendocino: postal zip codes 93901 to 95457). Producers, crew, and cast members are not eligible for entry fee discounts or Bay Area Golden Gate Awards.
- Narrative, documentary, and animated short films may also be considered for inclusion in our popular Family Films program. Family films should be suitable for ages seven and up. Selections in this category engage and entertain the entire family. All genres welcome. Programs traditionally mix emerging talent with established filmmakers such as Glen Keane, Moonbot Studios, Bill Plympton, Aardman Animations, and Tonko House.
- Rough cuts or works-in-progress are accepted and reviewed. However, filmmakers are urged to submit as close to the final cut as possible. The Festival will not accept new versions of an entry unless requested by the programming staff.
- All entrants will be notified of the Festival’s decision by March 15, 2019.
For review purposes, entries can either be uploaded on our SFFILM Festival Entry Form, or by using the Secure Online Screener option on Withoutabox.com. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on sending a DVD.
All non-English language entries must have English subtitles for preview and for Festival presentation.
The Festival is unable to waive entry fees or provide discounts beyond those indicated. Entry fees are not refundable. You may submit any number of titles; however, a separate entry form, preview copy, and entry fee are required for each title. If the Festival determines a work is entered in the wrong category and needs to reassign it, any discrepancy in entry fees between the categories must be paid by the filmmaker.
Payment is accepted only in US dollars, by check (payable to SFFILM), money order, Visa, MasterCard or American Express. Checks must have a printed address and telephone number. International entries must pay by Visa, MasterCard, American Express or money order in US dollars. International entrants who do not wish to pay by credit card must contact SFFILM for instructions on sending a bank wire transfer. (There is an additional $20 fee for wire transfers.) Do not send cash.
Send payment or correspondence to:
2019 SFFILM Festival Entries
39 Mesa Street, Suite 110
San Francisco, CA 94129 USA
Questions? Contact a dedicated staff member at GGA@sffilm.org with any questions or submission concerns.