The Board & Executive Coordinator is a dynamic, organized, highly personable, and self-directed individual who provides comprehensive administrative and project support to the Executive Office and the Board of Directors. The role requires high attention to detail, as well as a commitment to follow-through and execution. The right candidate will be able to provide excellent support with minimal direction, and will bring skills dealing with high-touch constituents. As a participant in Budget & Planning meetings, the individual will organize agendas and serve as project manager for this body, and will be responsible for driving forward deliverables and deadlines across the Budget & Planning team.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply.
- Maintain full control of the Executive Director’s complex calendar to manage both business and personal events.
- Coordinate internal and external phone calls, meetings, and events for the Executive Office.
- Maintain files, databases, mailing lists, and invitation lists as they relate to the Executive portfolio and the Board of Directors.
- Set up business travel for the Executive Director and manage business expenses and general correspondence.
- Support the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, and Budget & Planning Team in planning and execution of events, screenings, and special projects
- Act as a liaison for the Executive Director to SFFILM staff and external constituents, including peer institutions, major studios, filmmakers, corporate sponsors, foundations, consulates, and prospects.
- Serve as primary contact for and secretary to the SFFILM Board of Directors, planning and preparing 6 Board Meetings per year and their Committee meetings.
- Act as point person for the Board at all SFFILM events, including screenings and receptions.
- Support organization and execution of Board Member cultivation events.
- Organize agendas and serve as project manager for the Budget & Planning team, including taking notes during these meetings and driving forward deliverables and deadlines.
- Manage all Executive Portfolio data in CRM, including documentation of touch points between Executive/Development teams and Board Members.
- Develop a system for organizing and disseminating Board materials such as usage of a Board Portal or similar tool.
- Project manage onboarding program and orientation for new Board Members, including booking spaces, scheduling staff speakers, and providing support during the orientation.
- Support hiring process for Senior positions, including scheduling all interviews, coordinating Board involvement in interview process, and serving as point person on-site during interviews.
- Facilitate Board Member benefits such as all-access passes during the Festival and invitations to special parties and events.
- Support organizational Advisory Boards including but not limited to scheduling and planning quarterly meetings, preparing board documents, and facilitating communications.
- Support other administrative functions of the Executive Director, the Managing Director, and occasionally the overall Development Department, especially related to SFFILM Board support.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar position is strongly encouraged, preferably in an arts-related environment
- Attention to detail, significant diplomacy skills, consummate professionalism, ability to multitask, and prioritize competing responsibilities, with grace under pressure
- Open to working off-business hours as needed, especially around SFFILM events
- Strictly maintains discretion and confidentiality
- Adept at anticipating problems before they arise and juggle multiple priorities at once
- Comfortable working with limited supervision in a dynamic small office environment
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with FileMaker, DonorPerfect or other CRMs
- Superior written and verbal communication skills are mandatory
- Love of film an obvious plus!