Supports the Special Events team in project managing and executing all special events for the 2019 SFFILM Festival, including Parties & Receptions (Opening & Closing Night parties, small receptions, dinners, Golden Gate Awards), and Live Programming (Big Nights, Music + Film, awards and tribute conversation, Live & Onstage shows). This position is focused primarily, but not exclusively, on supporting the production of Live Programming shows, and acts as the Events Production Assistant during the festival.
This is a full-time, temporary role from March 3 – April 24, 2020.
- Act as administrative support for data entry with departmental organizational tools, including showflows, production database, and basecamp projects.
- Works with Senior Producer, Events & Special Programs to build and update showflows for shows including Opening Night, Closing Night, Centerpiece, Music + Film, Live & Onstage, Award & Tribute conversations, Golden Gate Awards, Members Night, and others.
- Work with Festival Events Producer and Production Manager to coordinate movement of equipment, furniture, green room, and other production needs during festival.
- Support Onstage Events Manager in on-site execution of events, including load-in and out, set-up, rehearsals, and acting as a stagehand during shows.
- Prepares and manages green room needs across different venues, including working with Guest Office to ascertain talent needs.
- Works with Tech team to ensure equipment needs for events are communicated and arranged.
- Coordinate with Tech and Communications teams on slides and other non-film media needs for shows.
- Stage Manage specific shows as needed.
- Supports the Festival Events Producer in planning and staffing parties & receptions as needed.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with strong skills in excel and Filemaker preferred.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in event or show production, stage management, or artist hospitality.
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks and timelines.
- A self-starter with excellent decision-making and creative problem-solving skills.
- Have a great attitude, cooperative spirit, and possess great energy and efficiency.
- Be friendly, welcoming and comfortable interacting with people with vastly different backgrounds and roles.
- Be comfortable with the standing, heavy lifting and labor inherent in loading in and out festival sites.